Rich Water Resources and Smooth Supply of Various Raw Materials
- Perfect solution to industrial water by securing metropolitan water source from Jangheung Dam
- Capable of raw materials supply for steel products within 1 hour
- Major Facilities: Gwangyang Iron, Co., Yeocheon Petrochemical Complex, Daebul Industrial Complex, etc.
- Rich natural resources such as silica, kaolin, red clay, etc.
Excellent Industrial Manpower at Low Wages
- Easy to recruit industrial manpower from Mokpo University, Chodang University and Korea Polytechnic Colleges V
- Fostering and supplying manpower that companies need in Jeollanam-do
Quality Tourism and Cultural Resources
- Heavenly Tourism and Cultural Resources: Diverse sites with unique natural resources such as Hoesan White Lotus Pond of Muan, Doripo amusement park, Holtong amusement park, Tommeori Beach, Jogeumnaru amusement park, white heron and heron habitat, Seungdalsan Mountain, Beopcheonsa Temple, etc.
- Various Regional Tourism & Cultural Festivals: The Lotus Industry Festival of Korea, Cultural Festival in Celebration of Birth of Seon Master Choui, Grand Festival of Mudflat Octopus of Muan, Holtong Wind Surfing Competition, etc.
A strategic site of transportation and logistics in Northeastern region of Southwest
Expressway (3 Expressways)
- Seohaean Expressway, Muan-Gwangju Expressway, Mokpo-Gwangyang Expressway
- Center of land transportation connecting Incheon - Gunsan - Mokpo - Gwangju - Gwangyang
- Accessibility to the metropolitan area in 30 hours, Gwangju in 20 minutes, and all regions of Jeonnam in 30 minutes
- Accessibility to the metropolitan area in 3 hours via KTX high speed railroad
- Mokpo - Boseong railroad, and railroad to international airport and Mokpo Port
- 34 vessels in Gwangyang Port, 12 vessels in Mokpo Port, and 3 vessels in Daebul Port
- Sailing to and from major international ports of Asia, America, Europe, Middle East, etc.
- Directly connecting to major international cities via Muan International Airport
- Center of transportation and logistics in Northeast Asia linking Shanghai, Shenyang and Fukuoka
- 66 international cities of Korea, China and Japan distributed within 1,000km of aviation scope
- Shortest distance from Shanghai, China, an emerging and biggest market in the world (50 minutes)
- Muan International Airport is one of gateway for international exchange in Korean peninsula in addition to Incheon International Airport and Gimhae International Airport